The Lansing Junior Woman’s Club is a service organization that is part of the General
Federation of Woman's Clubs. The LJWC has been in Lansing for over 60 years. We are
a service organization that aims to make a difference in our community by assisting
individuals, families and organizations as needed. Members share a common goal of
making their community a better place. You do not have to reside in Lansing to become
a member. Any woman living in the community is welcome to join.
Some of our recent projects have been:
· Coordinated clean-up day at Lansing Sports Complex
· Conducted story times at area preschools
· Provided funds to a needy family at Christmas
· Contributed funds to libraries in local schools
· Held annual Stay Safe Essay Contest (winner gets a ride to school on a fire engine)
· Contributed to the Lansing Food Pantry
· Held tree planting ceremony in honor of fallen U.S. Marine LCPL Phil Martini at
· Sent cards of appreciation to veterans homes
· Sent packages to troops deployed overseas
· Sang Christmas Carols at area nursing home
· Cooked food for victims and relief workers of Munster flooding
· Baked for Lansing Meals on Wheels
Hosted a Veterans Appreciation Dinner for over 100 vets and guests - representing
every branch of the military from every conflict since World War II
Some of our goals this year are to work with Lansing youth on service projects, indentify
families with specific needs and assist them as needed and to support our servicemen,
servicewoman and veterans.
Joining Lansing Junior Woman’s Club doesn't require a huge time commitment. We meet
once a month from August through May (December is a Christmas party, February meeting
is held at a restaurant with a short meeting for the LJWC anniversary and May is
an annual banquet.)
Meetings are usually the 4th Tuesday of the month, but may be on an alternate date
on occasion. Regular meetings are held in the parlor of the First United Methodist
Church in Lansing.
Projects are discussed at meetings and if there's something you want to be involved
with, you can join that committee. We love to have members involved with projects
and fundraisers, but understand how busy people are. Nothing is mandatory. We welcome
your help as you’re available.
We may not be big in numbers, but we have big hearts and like to do what we can to
help out in our community, even if in a small way.
The club has raised funds in several ways to support charities and plan local projects.
A Ladies' Night Out Fundraiser with several vendors and consultants.
A Texas Hold 'Em Tournament
Flamingo Flockings (ongoing) – We leave a flock of flamingoes at homes or businesses
for special occasions, such as birthdays, anniversaries or graduations.
Tag Days – members participate in two tag days a year
Raffle – This is a split-the-pot raffle done each spring
Cruise Nights – Lansing juniors supervise the moonwalk at the summer cruise nights
sponsored by the Lan Oak Park District.
We’re always looking for ideas and suggestions on raising funds for our club.